September 1, 2013

Three years and still going

It has been over three years now that I have been posting to this blog. I still feel like it was yesterday that I got hired by Teaopia to begin this Journey with tea. A lot has happened since then"

  • Joining the Tea Guild and the board
  • Japanese Lessons
  • Japanese Tea Ceremony Lessons
  • Teavana acquiring Teaopia
  • Starbucks buying Teavana
  • Toronto Tea Festival
  • Completing my certification as a Tea Sommelier
  • Starting my Career as a Tea Consultant
"Tea and Tales" Event by The Tea Guild of Canada.
 Image credit to Rita
    You may have noticed the last point. Part way through July I made the decision to peruse my path as a Tea Consultant. I have had this in my mind since I began my Tea Sommelier courses. The dream that I can help out all my tea friends with their shops at once.  When I was approached by Tiffany Picard a few years ago to help her write a piece on Tea Culture in Canada, I was inspired by her. She helps other tea lovers out through her services.    Over the years since I started this blog, I wanted to help every friend I met. I do not want to compete with them, I want to build up our relationship through this type of help. 
     When I left Teavana, I was welcomed by Tao at Tao Tea Leaf. It has been over a month now and I feel that I am part of the team. With Tao's help I am learning how to be a Tea Consultant. This includes copy writing, social media, public relations, etc.  I feel I will learn much more in the months to come and am very excited that I have this opportunity. 
     I am very thankful of all my friends who have pushed me all these years.On my own I feel I would not have achieved what I have without them. Also having this blog has helped too. I feel I have made friends through all of you. Some of you I have met in person, others are far. I feel that we have overcome this distance and have enjoyed each others company through this wonderful piece of our lives, tea.

Thank you all of my dear friends, may we always enjoy a cup together.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig