September 11, 2013

Must Read Tea Blogs: Part 1

  Since I started this blog I have found many people whom I continue to learn from even now. They have shared tea, teaware, notes, and findings. The list kept on growing over time and I hope this lists inspires you as it has me.

Tea Masters- By Stephane
 
His blog has a heavy focus on cha-xi formed tastings. Almost all his teas he tastes for his posts are in season or aged. Living in Taiwan he has access to a great tea source directly. This blog is very informative on how to enjoy tea for beginners and seasoned tea drinkers. I used his blog to get used to gaiwans. I suggest his "Tea Masters Classroom" for all sorts of goodies.




Tales of Japanese Tea by Kohei
My PhotoJapanese tea was the first tea I tried in loose leaf form. Upon finding Kohei's blog I found a need to learn more. He practices Japanese Tea Ceremony and became a Certified Japanese Tea Advisor. He lives in Japan and visits various shops throughout the country with his adorable wife. Kohei runs a humble tea shop online called everyone's tea, there is a great selection of tea ware.
   Kohei pushed me to learn Japanese Tea Ceremony and to start Tea Sommelier classes at George Brown College.





Mandarin's Tea by Tim Hsu
The Mandarin's Tea RoomWhile starting out my tea journey I found Tims blog while drooling over tea ware. I was captivated by his post detailing the tools of tea. At that point I was fascinated by all the types there was to be used, now thankfully I know more about them all. I deeply enjoyed his piece in Tea Magazine this year on cigar and tea pairing.




A few final words on part one of the series. I have only just came out of my shell and began to express my thanks for posts and follow  who I can on twitter. Normally I am very quiet on the web but I felt I needed to come out of my comfort zone and talk to them. So far I have enjoyed it and I hope all of us can meet over tea some day. Soon perhaps.






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Kohei has one of the best tea blogs I've read in a long time, there's always so much new stuff about Japanese tea on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I greatly agree, what other blogs do you follow, if I may ask?

      Delete

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig