September 12, 2009

Looking at past work


Well I put everything out and looked at it today. I picked out six that will be shown to my faculty advisior, which ever of the two I end up haveing. It is supriseing how much get's done in such a short time.
I'm kind of hitting a block recently but seeing all of this helped. I am going to do some excesises tonight that Cathy Daley taught me last year. One being writing down everything that comes to mind, riping it up and throwing it out- Purgeing the mind. The other is doing a short drawing per minute for like 15-30 minutes. Then there's also picking a word and doing drawings related to that. We will see what happens.
I'm currently doing laundry and trying to decide what I believe that Post-Modernism is, for a small 250 word opinion peice. Although I'm trying to think of how to word my Thesis proposal and what I am going to do.
I warned my parents of the NYC trip at the end of October (Oct 29-Nov 1) with my program, Dad was a bit upset (money) and Mom was excited (she wants pictures taken). Money is an issue but we will see how things go.
Looked at the MOMA webpage and it makes me want to go more. Monet's Waterlilies are showing, back from London I believe. There's alot of Cezanne, of whom I adore. Picasso's collages. Kara Walker's work as well.
Who knows what will happen from now till then though.
I just made some Matcha tea. The cheep stuff leaves a powdery taste in my mouth, I like the can from David's Tea better. My technique with the whisk is better I must say. I am going to go enjoy the rest of this cup as I now wait for the dryer to be done. Good Night.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig