August 27, 2015

Oasis (Tea and Meditation) Room Project: Room Tour

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). lucky cat tablet audrey hepburn shoe tiffany blue

   What a week so far! Saturday's Outdoor Yoga Event really kicked me down for a while (aka Sunburnt), but I am back with a room tour! Putting this together for  you guys really made me feel a little nervous but I am glad to get this out there for you to see. 
    There are a few things that still need to be done (like the switch plates and finding frames), but they are so minor that I just had to share this with you now.

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). Altar space table oracle cards Inari meditation spirituality
 
I am so proud that all of these areas have come together as they have. It was such an adventure from start to finish (check out some progress images over on Instagram). My meditation corner is so comfy now that I have used it a few times to read (or finish up a post). The table fits perfectly into the space and allowed me to really sink into my meditations.

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). Bed wall art mandala nature

    From last week you might have noticed the medallion art piece, here is the one that I got last year. It was a local find and I adore how it brings nature into the room. On the opposite wall is a canvas piece I created last year for motivation. The same line is on a print over at Every Girl but I wanted the colors to fit into the space and pop off the wall. 

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). yoga mats Bmat gold meditation side table candles

  Right next to my bed is a wire plant stand that I found at Winners. The color did not suit my room so it got a little face lift. The surprising part about it was that it fit my storage basket with my yoga supplies in it.  To top it off I got this adorable lamp at Walmart for about 10$ (My Mom get's the credit though as I was unsure how it would look). Right beside it are a few things to help me relax just before bed (a sandalwood candle and lavender pillow mist). 

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). planner desk tea studio calico happie scrappie bamboo china japnese

This is a rare sight to see on my desk (so clean!) but even with it covered in planner supplies (or tea) it still inspires me each time I sit at it. For my books, rather than using a bookend, I am useing a statue I have in my collection (ahem, my brothers collection). I am debating switching Ganish to Lu Yu as he would be a friendly sight while I am at my desk. 

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). inspiration board kikki.k

         While putting together this room I was not going to keep this board in my room but I opted last minute to create an "inspiration board". Most of the cards are from Kikki.K's inspiration board kit but there is also a quote that came with a Julep Maven box. To the left of the yellow card is a mini bud vase that I got as a gift from my mom a few years ago. Nothing in it right now but I will soon.

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). books tea japan japanese amp create crafting

       This project gave me the time to finally go through the books I have out while living at home. Now all the ones I have on hand are ones that not only I reference regularly, but make me happy to see. Throughout my room is many different volumes on tea and also learning Japanese. 
      For when I make tea I have my kensui available to make clean up a breeze.

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). Gallery wall project life watercolor watercolour manifest prints tea kate spade tiffanys

   As I said I have to get more frames but in the mean time I still have the pieces up to inspire me. All of the tea art is from Global Tea Hut and I can not see myself ever letting them go.

Oasis Room Project was a project to create a space that inspired and allowed myself somewhere to rest (meditate). Gallery wall project life watercolor watercolour manifest prints tea

I hope you enjoyed this little room tour and perhaps it inspired you to create a space that brings you joy.  Till next time, cheers!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig