March 8, 2011

The Way of Tea - end recollection

The book flowed very well. Kept me wanting more even though I had to A: change trains, B: Switch to the bus ,or C: work. I quite enjoyed reading more about all the other old masters of the past and more on Tao of tea.
It helped a lot that I had previously read Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching and Kakuzo Okakura's The Book of Tea. I understood each and every word and also tried to remember if I have ever felt Cha Qi. I have never been good at writing for blogs but feel that for this one writing what comes to mind at first works best.

Anyhow overall I feel like reading this book again as it was just as calming as my tea sessions and my own studio time. I hope to soon get a copy of Kakuzo-sans book and then start writing a possible book I have planned or scholarly paper. Which ever of the two it ends up being.
I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in Tea and Tao, separate or not.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig