September 29, 2015

Let's Talk Taiwanese Oolong: Dong Ding Oolong

 Taiwanese Oolongs have a special place in my heart as they are one of the first teas I tried when I begun my Tea Journey.  So in dedication to the leaf and Taiwanese teas, we are going to look at 5 different Oolongs throughout September. To see past posts check out our "Let's Talk Oolong" page.
Taiwanese Oolongs have a special place in my heart as they are one of the first teas I tried when I begun my Tea Journey.  So in dedication to the leaf and Taiwanese teas, we are going to look at 5 different Oolongs throughout September. Our fourth tea is Dong Ding Oolong.
    
 It feels good to be back with the fourth part of "Let's Talk Taiwanese Oolong".  The first time I heard of Dong Ding was from reading +TeaMasters  blog during university.  The name itself made me want to look more into it and seek out the tea. Now years latter  we can look at this wonderful tea together. Let's jump in.

Taiwanese Oolongs have a special place in my heart as they are one of the first teas I tried when I begun my Tea Journey.  So in dedication to the leaf and Taiwanese teas, we are going to look at 5 different Oolongs throughout September. Our fourth tea is Dong Ding Oolong.      Dong Ding translates to "frozen peaks", this relates to where it is grown up on Mountain Dong Ding. This mountain is responsible for approximately 11,000 Ton of tea ( the thought of that much tea makes you want to put the kettle on doesn't it?).  The reason for this amount is that it is almost entirely covered in tea plantations, with somewhere between 4,000-5,000 growers.
    Currently there is around 4,000 growers in the region using the name "Dong Ding" for their tea, even if its not grown on the mountain. That's a lot of Dong Ding teas out there.  Lucky for us Tea Ave sought out the real deal for us, grown between 600 - 1000m above sea level on Mountain Dong Ding.

Taiwanese Oolongs have a special place in my heart as they are one of the first teas I tried when I begun my Tea Journey.  So in dedication to the leaf and Taiwanese teas, we are going to look at 5 different Oolongs throughout September. Our fourth tea is Dong Ding Oolong.     What is there to say about this tea? So much. Every sip makes your mouth beg for more. It has a lasting feeling in the mouth, with a peach like taste and texture that I can only describe as butter. It sits in the mouth and "melts", leaving that lovely soothing floral taste behind. This tea means business and I highly suggest it for your evening work (or play why not) activities. I even made some more as I am writing this, it is hard to pass up this little gem.

What tea makes you come back for more? (this one is calling right now) Share your experience with tea in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig