June 3, 2014

How to make After Yoga Tea (Treat)

After every class I ache. Yoga is meant to calm and sooth but being that I am an A-type Aries, I push a little. These (good) aches, need a little love after I have spent time honoring my body. I am sure there are those of you that push a little too so I'm going to share my favorite after class treat with you.  Trust me its tea based and delicious.
Using the old Ayurvedic medicinal properties to our benefit, Chai Tea is our friend. I am not an herbalist, doctor or medicial person or any nature. The only thing I know is that everything feels better after I have this treat. The brew gives you a little energy back and you muscles will feel soothed (which is the magic of the spices working together!).


After Yoga Chai Tea

All you need:

  • Chai tea of your choice
  • Milk or milk substitute
  • Sweetener or alternative
  • Small sauce pan
  • Glass
  • Ice

1.  Measure 1.5 cups of milk  and add 3.5 Tsp  to sauce pan. Watch closely and stir often, once warm add sweeter. Watch the colour, you want a nice dark taupe.  (feel free to taste test, but be careful I do not want you to burn yourself).

2. Once at your desired point, fill your cup (or glass) with ice. Hold your infuser over your cup and carefully pour the chai through it and into your cup.

3. Add more ice if necessary to chill the brew. Enjoy!

Alternatively to icing it, chill in the fridge and make a larger batch.

** measurements should be adjusted to your drinking cup size. Just go for half the volume plus a touch more.

Please share with me how this changed your yoga practice (or if you liked it just as a summer treat).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig