December 11, 2013

Seasonal Depression: Tea Solutions


     
    Every year around this time of year there is a percentage of us that suffer from Seasonal Depression. I will admit I am one of them. It's hard to tell as I will be all smiles around people but when I am alone, with my cat, its hard to think of anything to do or even find the energy.
   I decided to let you all know this because I feel that tea helps me get through by pushing through these feelings.  I will admit to laying on my bed for long periods of time but those moments I get up to make a cup of tea just help push through down moments..
    The teas that help the most are those with a good amount of caffeine. I feel that the reason behind this is due to it giving you energy to move and also l-Theanine calming effect.
    For this reason I like to have a nice warm bowl of matcha to keep me going and focused. My favourite Matchas are:
-Yugen from Kono-En
-Kan no Shiro from Ippodo
-Matcha Sendo- Camellia Sinensis

Drink up and stay healthy!
________________________________________________________________________
Follow me for more @bellmanart  /katherine.bellmanart 
Don't forget to follow this blog.  Join the Tea Team!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've definitely experience the same issue. Weather and seasons can have a big affect on my mood and tea is a great way to counteract that. Japanese green teas always seem to give me a boost, especially matcha or gyokuro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Gyokuro. I am glad that it helps you too Nicole ^ ^ Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it.

      Delete

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig