July 19, 2012

Books on Tea

          With so many on the market now it is hard to keep up with them. Over the past few month my collection as grown more than planed. As there are so many out there I am going to provide you with my list. I would love to hear about what ones you have in your library.


-The Ancient Art of Tea by Warren Peltier
-The Way of Tea by Aaron Fisher
-The Story of Tea by Mary Lou Heiss and Robert J. Heiss
-Urasenke Chanoyu Handbook One by Soshitsu Sen XV
-The Art of Tea in China by Gou Danying Wang Jianrong
-The Book of Tea and Coffee by Joel, David and Karl Schapira
-A Tea Lover's Travel Diary : Phoenix Single-Tree Oolong Tea, Tie Kuan Yin Oolong Tea by Jason C.S Chan
-Classic of Tea/The Sequel to The Classic of Tea by Lu Yu/Lu Tingcan
-The Book of Chuang Tzu
-Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
-The Tea Enthusiast's Handbook by Mary Lou Heiss and Robert J. Heiss
-365 Tao by Deng Ming-Dao
-Writings from the Zen Masters (Great Idea Series)
-The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura


       I included my Tao/Zen books too as some of the teachings feed back into the history of tea. I like learning about the context of certain ways different eras made their tea. Japanese Tea Ceremony is a great example.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Greetings Sweet Angel, Have you tried any new matcha lately? Have you been using the Chawan I made you? I hope you are getting a feel for Japanese incense now. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be in three weeks. Lol. I have been using it, I love it very much.
    Again thank you for the incense, I picked up one from a shop in Toronto by Shoyeido. The name of it is Kin-Kaku~ Smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig