March 23, 2012

Teavana- In Toronto?

         Early February at the Tea Guild of Canada's "World in Your Teacup" event, we were discussing the rumours concerning Teavana. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this company it is American based and now they have branched out into Canada as of late. Their first location was in Alberta I believe late last year.
        I heard from a friend that this location was open and she recommended that I visit. Sadly they were not open yet and I could see that inside they still had yet to start the merchandising. Even still it is nice to have a tea shop in this area, as now I can have a decent cup of tea while studying before my Japanese class. 
        I am curious how well they will do in this part of town, perhaps it is an untapped gem for business with tea? When I shop in the area after or before going to the Japan Foundation Library with a cup of good tea, I always get asked if there is one in the area. The locations that asked were Sephora and Mendocino.
           We will see how things progress from here on in. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig