September 30, 2011

Tao Tea Leaf- Spring 2011 Tea Tasteing

Everyone listening and watching Tao prepare the next tea.
 It has been a fair while since June. The tea tasting at Tao's had left me with a large list of teas to get when I could. The tasting landed on the one year aniversary of being with Teaopia and keeping this blog.
Tea Sampling order:
1. White tea:  White Peony
                      Silver Needle
2. Green Tea:  Anji Bai Cha
                       Long Jing
                      Bi Lou Chun
3. Yellow Tea: Jun Shan Yin Shen
4.Oolong Tea: Phoenix Dan Cong (Almond)
5.Black Tea: Golden Needle
6.Pu-er: 2007 White Moon Loose (Sheng)
            Jing Mai (Sheng)
                                                                                    
    The teas I have from this year only consist of Tie Kuwan Yin and the very delightful White Peony. I do have craveings for the smooth lightness of Anji Bai Cha and the warmth of Phoenix Dan Cong (Almond). Haveing tried Phoenix Dan Cong (Honey) it is a nice little change.
     But since the news of the rankings Tao received for some of his teas has made me eager to try this years Da Hong Pao as it received 3rd place in the North American Tea Competition. The rest of his rankings are:
  • Dragonwell (Shi Feng)-First Place
  • Keemun - First Place
  • Imperial Puer (shou) - Second Place
  • Golden Needle - Second Place
  • Da Hong Pao - Third Place
  • Silver Needle - Third Place
The previous year three of his teas were ranked, Keemun Kong Fu, Golden needle and Da Hong Pao.  Their rankings were in sequential order first, second and third place. As I write up this post I am even drinking Tao's White Peony 2011 out of some fine china at my parents place (still need to leave my own tea equipment here). I encourage anyone that visits the Toronto Rosedale area to see Tao. I am eagerly sipping this white tea wondering what the next years batch will be like. ~
My Co-Worker thoroughly enjoying the afternoon with me

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig