April 12, 2011

Toronto’s Tea Takeover- Eye Weekly Article Review

Image Copyright: EyeWeekly

EYE WEEKLY
In the current issue of Eye Weekly they have covered the very evident tea renaissance of Toronto.
Took them long enough to notice the large amount of shops that opened over the last year. They stated that every 6 weeks a new one opened over last summer. One of those being Majesteas just south of my Riverdale home.
Their focus was mostly on Davids Tea, leaving out Tsaa and barely mentioning others (Majesteas, Tao Tea Leaf, House of Tea, Tea Emporium etc). I can understand the focus since Teaopia (My work) has been hidden along the Path inside the Scotia Plaza for 3 years now. The path is difficult to navigate when you are not used to the signs or maps. Only a short mention about David Bellisario, who owns Teaopia, in a single paragraph about his start in Mississauga.
It is nice to start with Davids (Segal)since it was on Queen Street they made their debut, but my location has been in Toronto for a much longer time. I wish the writer had thrown together a small list of the shops and gave reviews of them, as there is little to be seen on the Best of Toronto web page for Tea.
In all, the article was information on the background of Teaopia as well as other tea houses. Especially their starting point as I wish to own a small shop that will be inside my gallery in the future. Or perhaps even talk to either David about having a mini shop with in it (Or any of my new tea friends, any takers?). The options are there, only the future can tell. My question for you is what will happen to all the coffee shops with the tea-boom in this generation?

** Update: Also Teaopia is an older company. Having started in 2005 while Davids started in 2008, from what I have been told.  How will this turn around will the T-Cafe's Teaopia is opening?  So far it is a hit, I have had majority of the regulars come in talking about the service being amazing. (13/10/2011)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig